‘Gluten-free, lactose-free and reduced sugar diets are hot topics these days. The drive for ingredients to suit a large number of food intolerances comes from consumers and with such a large choice in the market, guests no longer have to feel they are a burden to their hosts and be apologetic about their intolerances.
Adjusting recipes to make them suitable for everyone is much easier than making special dishes to cater for individual requirements. These Christmas vegan hazelnut balls are free from lactose and gluten and are sweetened with unrefined sugars in reduced quantity’
You will need:
2 packets (gluten-free) plain biscuits
2tbsp Crema Novi
100g finely chopped hazelnuts
20g ground hazelnuts
100ml coconut milk
400g Novibloc Fondente
1tbsp olive oil
50g whole hazelnuts
- Crush the biscuits very finely by grinding them in a food processor. Add the Crema Novi, chopped & ground hazelnuts, coconut, dates, rum or brandy & blitz in the food processor.
- Add the coconut milk, a little at a time until the mixture binds together. Mix well.
- Form into balls & on top of each ball place a hazelnut in the centre & gently press down.
- Leave to set for at least 4 hrs or overnight in the fridge before you cover with melted chocolate.
- To melt the chocolate, break it up into small pieces & place in a bowl. Put the bowl in the microwave for 30 secs. Mix the chocolate with a plastic spatula.
- If necessary place in the microwave for another 10 secs & repeat until the chocolate completely melts.
- Add the olive oil & mix with the spatula.
- Dip the balls into the melted chocolate & place them on a dish covered with baking paper.
- Leave to set overnight in the fridge & then remove from the dish & trim the bottom of each chocolate neatly before serving.
For a chance to win this amazing Christmas Novi Chocolate hamper SHARE this recipe on your social media page [facebook, instagram, twitter, pinterest or linkedin] and leave a comment below. The winner will be notified on Wednesday 19 December 2018.
Novi Chocolate is imported, distributed and marketed by M&Z (Marketing) Ltd and is available in all leading supermarkets and stores.
More recipes using Novi chocolate: